[Updated on 09/28/2020]
It is the intention of Calex Manufacturing, Co., Inc. (“Company,” “us” or “we”) to provide our customers with an up-to-date, easy-to-use on-line environment in which they can view company news and product information. We appreciate your interest in our company and value the time you spend visiting our web site.
We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.calex.com (our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website
- Any other sources such as applications or 3rd party websites
Contact Form and Personal Information
The requested information will typically be, for example, name, email address, telephone number, fax number, and/or job title. The information collected will be used for our internal purposes which is primarily to process your request or inquiry.
California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) Consumer Rights
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Right of Access
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past twelve (12) months. Once your request has been received and verified (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights), we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request)
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
- Please be advised that we do not provide these access and data portability rights for B2B personal information.
Right of Data Portability
In response to a request of disclosure, we must provide personal information in a readily useable format to enable you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hinderance.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights), we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Please be advised that we do not provide these deletion rights for B2B personal information.
Right to Non-Discrimination
You have the right not to be discriminated against for having exercised your rights under the CCPA. We will not:
- Deny you goods or services
- Charge you different prices for goods or services, whether through denying benefits or imposing penalties
- Provide you with a different level or quality of good or services
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services
- Threaten you with any of the above
Exercising Access, Data Portability and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
Calling +1-866-I-OPT-OUT (+1-866-467-8688), and enter service code 931# when prompted
Submitting our CCPA request form
Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or are an authorized representative. Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
- We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you.
- We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time, we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
We will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information
We will not sell your personal information. However, under the CCPA we are required to provide a link that allows you to opt out of the sale of your personal information.
Call +1-866-I-OPT-OUT (+1-866-467-8688), and enter service code 931# when prompted.
We take special care to protect the privacy needs of children under the age of 16 and encourage parents to be an active participant in their child’s online activities and interests. We will not knowingly or intentionally collect personal information about children under the age of 16.
If you are the parent or guardian of a child that you believe has disclosed personally identifiable information to us, please contact us so that we may delete the child’s information. We cannot prohibit minors from visiting this site, and must rely on parents and guardians to decide which materials are appropriate for children to view and/or purchase.
Third Party Website Privacy Policies
Calex’s web site may at some point include links to other web sites, or other companies may link their site to the Calex site. We are not responsible for the privacy policies and practices used by any non- Calex web sites.